K2 is a legal synthetic form of marijuana. This drug can be purchased online and even in local stores and gas stations. It is becoming one of the most popular teen drugs of choice because of it produces a high very similar to marijuana and is easily found. To most drug users, K2 seems to be the perfect drug, right?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased anxiety
- Mood swings
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
Different Types of K2 and Their Uses
When purchasing K2 at many stores, it comes in a plastic baggy and is marketed as incense or as an herbal smoking blend. K2 comes in several options for people with all different smoking preferences:
- K2 Thai dream: A “meditative aid” used so that a person can concentrate on their internal being or whatever it is they are doing while high.
- K2 Amazonian Shelter: The package states it is a useful tool to protect your spirit from the evil that lurks within and without. Enough said.
- K2 Ultra: An “incense” used for people that are seeking adventure or meditation. This is the most generic of the K2 options offered.
- K2 Orisha: Used for pre-meditation rituals. Can be offered to a buyer in white magic, regular, or black magic variations.
- K2 Blonde: A mix of vanilla and cinnamon, this option is one of the original of the incense offered.
- K2 Summit: Obtained the name summit because it is said that while high off of this option you will feel as if you are atop a summit.
- K2 Sex solid:“Sex on the mountain” is the nickname given this product offered throughout the globe. It is said that this option of K2 helps with sexual arousal and causes an individual to have a meditative state while becoming extremely aroused.
- K2 Sky: The generic form of K2 that sellers recommend as a first-time option because of its milder effects and easy smoking.
Legal Does Not Mean Safe
This legal and possibly deadly drug is new to the United States and proper examination of this drug has not been done, therefore there are countless more side effects that can be deadly or health hazardous.
If you are concerned that someone that you care for may be consuming any form of K2 you should learn the warning signs and if your loved one is showing any of these signs, they should seek medical attention immediately:
- Issues with school, failing grades, dropping out, or not continuing any homework after school.
- Showing signs of drug abuse, driving while under the influence, getting into trouble with the law, or acting as if they no longer care about their reputation or future.
- Having relationship trouble or failed relationships
- Pushing close friends away, secretive behavior, mood changes
Having an addiction to K2 means that a person is heightening their risk of troubles with their physical health, mental health, and possibly shortening their life. By seeking help from a treatment center you will be able to plan an addiction treatment program personalized to fit you or your loved one’s preferences and proceed to a healthy, drug free life.
About the Author
Marilyn Kegley works with several inpatient rehabilitation facilities to educate individuals about the dangers of substance abuse. After watching numerous loved ones struggle with addiction, her goal is to help as many people as possible get effective and successful rehabilitation treatment.